Tuesday, July 17, 2012

In an airport in December

Mitt Romney's on
CNN, 3:00 on
a Saturday drizzle,
and the bilingual chatter
of airport waiting lobbies
echoes like Skywalker
slam-dunking the Rebel
bomb into the Death
Star, use the force Luke,
use the force Occupy,
use the force I say,
tell me who's that ridin'?
John the Revelator! Tell
me who's that ridin'? John
the Revelator! Tell me who's
that ridin'? John the Revelator!
He wrote the book of the seven
seas! But in the meantime, the 
bees keep a-buzzin', the rain
keeps a-bumblin',
geriatrics keep a-dyin',
and I'm dyin' too, bub,
we're all dying within
the confines of airport

waiting lobbies. Skywalker,
John you Revelator,
move down off your myth-
ological mountains. You
have Death Stars to forcibly
dismantle, books to carry
across this placid wasteland.

No comments:

Post a Comment