Monday, September 10, 2012

It was seven-fifteen
and I'm busy dreaming,
sitting in this diner thinking
with a cup of joe
(I'm a fiend for the bean, dig?)
And I know that once life picks up it's breezy,
this shit will pass, done phasing me,
accepting the back-forth reality
of super ego duking it out with the id,
my amigo, the placebo effect
has the mind swimming in oblivion,

and I gotta girl with eyes like a doe's,
full of calm and admiration,
I gotta tell you I'd be lost without her in this equation,
her character and natural fascination
for sensation, she's close like fabric to the skin
and for once life lessons might be sinking in
and she gets me, oooh she gets me.

I gotta tell ya, I need better kicks,
though my head's screwed into the meaning of wit,
tired of this shit, neurons rewiring I feel it
when the ganje kicks in, when her love kicks in,
when my soul kicks in to the experience,
I'm delirious with passion flying out my fingertips,
though life don't stop when you're out of dope
or out of hope, rewind the tapes and play it backward
just to show that it can't unhappen, me and my
mismatching socks, your mismatched hearts,
I know where my heart stands and that's on the ground
in the clouds kicking so much ass, and
oooh she gets me, oooh she gets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment